[GRASS5] Any volunteers to update the s.kcv module to grass5?

Roger Bivand Roger.Bivand at nhh.no
Mon Jul 2 16:47:46 EDT 2001

On Mon, 2 Jul 2001, Anne Holopainen wrote:

> I would need s.kcv-module in my research.  Would anyone have time and
> desire to update the module to grass5? Or is is already under work?

This isn't a direct answer, but a way round might be the R/GRASS
interface, then do the partitioning in R - maybe with a short interpreted
function? - and move the new sites files back again. Maybe you don't need
the overhead of learning R, but then in some kinds of data analysis it may
be a more flexible tool than a compiled GRASS program, since it is
interpreted. The latest interface version is on CRAN under
src/contrib/Devel (http://cran.r-project.org), and
ftp://reclus.nhh.no/pub/R/GRASS_0.1-7.tar.gz - you do need R too, and will
find the latest source on CRAN. The R packages: spatial (in VR) and
splancs provide a number of spatial process generators, so that
reproducing the functionality of s.kcv in an interpreted R function seems
feasible. If R might be an answer, please let me know and I could help you
try this route out.

Roger

--
Roger Bivand
e-mail: Roger.Bivand at nhh.no
and: Department of Geography and Regional Development, University of
Gdansk, al. Mar. J. Pilsudskiego 46, PL-81 378 Gdynia, Poland.