[GRASS5] Monitor Resize Problem

Glynn Clements glynn.clements at virgin.net
Wed Jul 18 16:24:15 EDT 2001

Bob Covill wrote:

> This is probably a question for Glynn. I grabbed a recent copy of
> GRASS-5 from the CVS yesterday and built it on my Sun (ultra II) with
> Solaris 7.
>
> It was configured (for the build) with the flag "--enable-postgres=no".
> No other configure flags were used. GRASS built fine with no complaints,
> however after I start a monitor it cannot be resized. I have built other
> beta versions on the Sun with no problmes with the monitor. This seem
> sto be something new in the latest version (or something that I am doing
> wrong?)

How old was the previous (working) version?

This would appear to be related to changes made between 2001/05/08 and
2001/06/04.

The idea is that the window can't be resized while a client is
connected to it. The reason being that the window is redrawn following
a resize, which requires re-running the commands which were registered
with D_add_to_list, and you can't have multiple clients connected
simultaneously.

It should be possible to resize the window when no client is connected
though.

Also, which window manager are you using? Does the problem go away if
you use a different WM? What does "xprop" say about the window's
WM_NORMAL_HINTS property?