[GRASS5] C++ and GRASS

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Mon Jul 30 18:16:35 EDT 2001

On Sun, Jul 29, 2001 at 05:55:31PM -0500, Helena wrote:

> I am meeting with collegues from comp. science at Duke who have developed
> some great open source tools for GIS. It is in C++.
> I would greatly appreciate any feedback that
> you could give me about
> the use of C++ for GRASS modules/libraries, in particular - has anybody
> done it or doing it?

There is no problem in having additional GRASS modules with C++ code in it.

> Is it desirable or should all the code be in C to minimize compilation
> problems?

I would think that core modules and libraries should be C if possible.
	Bernhard

The FreeGIS Project                                         (freegis.org)
FSF Europe                                            	  (fsfeurope.org)