[GRASS5] Re: Complete module list for GRASS-5?

Eric G. Miller egm2 at jps.net
Mon Jun 18 01:53:23 EDT 2001

On Mon, Jun 18, 2001 at 11:59:47AM +0700, Justin Hickey wrote:
> Hi Eric
>
> "Eric G. Miller" wrote:
> > I'm not sure where to put it in the cvs hierarchy.
>
> Since this appears to be a program that does not link to any GRASS
> libraries, it would be a candidate for the src/libes/tools directory.
> However, it appears Markus has made a tools directory off the root CVS
> directory. Perhaps we should merge these two "tools" directories but I'm
> not sure which location is better.

Paradoxically enough, it does work as a standard GRASS module w/
G_parser interface (need libgis to query for the "GISBASE" path).  So,
it could result in listing the interface to itself, along with the
others...

However, if an xml file for each command was dumped to a directory a
priori, then I could work up a non-GRASS specific program to do various
things.  Perhaps that would be more useful?

I just realized about an hour ago that G_usage_xml() (in
libes/gis/parser.c) and the corresponding DTD (in src/gui) don't have
any representation for the "key_desc" Option member, nor for the
"gisprompt" Option member.  Both should probably exist.  So, eventually
a client using this info could validate inputs like coordinate pairs
(key_desc = "x,y") and or prompt for certain mapset "files" (like
tcltkgrass and nviz do...).  I suppose both could be added as
optional attributes to the parameter element. Like:

<parameter name="map" type="string" required="yes" multiple="no"
 gisprompt="old,cell,raster">

or

<parameter name="coord" type="float" required="yes" multiple="yes"
keydesc="x,y">

Anyway...

--
Eric G. Miller <egm2 at jps.net>