[GRASS5] [bug #208] (grass) See below. Trouble installing start script. No Init.sh.

Justin Hickey via RT grass-bugs at intevation.de
Wed Mar 7 22:42:11 EST 2001

Hello Cliff

cliff at research.telcordia.com wrote (Wed, Mar 7 2001 15:17:17):

> Justin,
>
> Thank you for your response.  I looked at both GRASS sites and no
> other binaries are offerred.

Hmmm. That's not good. If you keep an eye on those sites, a version may appear
soon. But I can't guarantee that since I do not know who is responsible for
the Solaris binaries.

> Moreover, I think that I may have another
> issue since I am running Sun's OpenWindows.  I installed GRASS 4.3
> binaries and am able to bring-up GRASS.  However, I can't start
> a monitor.  Here's what I get:
>
> GRASS 4.3 > d.mon start=x0 select=x0
> Found 0 colors on Display
> can not allocate any read/write color cells
> Please start graphics monitor <x0>.
>
> I assume this has something to do with the need to
> append the XKeysymDB (which I don't have because
> I only downloaded the GRASS binaries) to
> XKeysymDB (which exists in a public directory on
> which I don't have write privs.).

Unfortunately, I am not familiar with GRASS 4.3 or Suns. I suggest that you
post this problem to the Grass mailing list at GRASSLIST at baylor.edu. The GRASS
4.3 support is based at Baylor University and they should see your post on
that mailing list.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help for you.

Justin Hickey
jhickey at hpcc.nectec.or.th