[GRASS5] grass cvs snapshot from 26. Feb.

Markus Neteler neteler at geog.uni-hannover.de
Mon Mar 5 04:44:02 EST 2001

On Sat, Mar 03, 2001 at 12:19:21PM -0800, Eric G. Miller wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 02, 2001 at 02:39:35PM +0100, Andreas Lange wrote:
> > Will the sockets setup be default for the stable
> > version?
> ???

Hopefully today or tomorrow :-)

> > The "make install" with the sockets setup dies with
> > some error for a missing create_sockets.sh script,
> > this happens on Linux, IRIX, FreeBSD and Cygwin, but obviously only
> > if ./configure --with-socket is used!
>
> I don't know what this create_sockets.sh is about.  The sockets are
> created as needed in the current mapset's .tmp directory.
[...]

Eric, I think this is again confusion: The
 create_sockets.sh script should be named create_ipcbuffer.sh
or so.

[...]
> Eric

Simply let's remove the fifos and IPC to clean up the situation.
Huidae and others: Your work on IPC was very important (as already
written by Eric) to stimulate the sockets. Please don't worry if
it is moved to the archives now (if all agree).

 Markus