[GRASS5] grass cvs snapshot from 26. Feb.

Helena hmitaso at unity.ncsu.edu
Sat Mar 3 16:42:33 EST 2001

The grad student here has installed the cvs snapshot from Feb 26
on LINUX with Redhat 7 with no problems except for setting-up the
correct links to Mesa for his graphics card  to get nviz2.2 running
(if there is an interest, I can ask him to write to the list what he had to do,
it was related to the graphics card, not GRASS.)
We had previously  problems with fifos, no problems now.

I tried most of the d.* commands and in general they work well, except for:

1. GRASS:~ > d.dm help
File /home/helena/grassdata/helena/.d.dmrc doesn't exist.
There is no manual page so I could not tell whether this is a bug
or I am missing something

---------------
2. monitor does not close on mouse click: this is not a problem, I just thought
that I have seen in this list that it does. but I was running it through the net
on Sun,
so that may be the problem.
---------------
3. d.text : Please enter text instructions.  Enter EOF on last line to quit -
does anybody know what the EOF means here? (I hope that this is not too stupid
question)
---------------
4. manual says: d.leg.thin [-nsm] map=name [color=name] [lines=value]
[thin=value]
when I run help
d.leg.thin map=name [color=name] [lines=value]

it does not recognize ms flags and it does nothing, maybe just manual needs to
be updated
-----------------------
5. not included:
xganim (I miss this one!!!!) - should I get lesstif and compile separately?
d.param.scale (would be really useful!), but I have never seen it included in a
release

thanks for all the great work - the installation is now fast and simple
compared  with what one
had to go through in previous releases and there is so much great new stuff!

Helena

P.S. nviz works fine (no masked out areas, only lights are still a little bit
weird, not a big
problem though)