[GRASS5] [bug #742] (grass) Large XDRIVER in 5.0pre1

Request Tracker grass-bugs at intevation.de
Wed May 23 10:22:24 EDT 2001

this bug's URL: http://intevation.de/rt/webrt?serial_num=742

Subject: Large XDRIVER in 5.0pre1

Platform: Linux/Intel
Linux distro: RedHat
linux cpu: AMD (K6, ...)
Xwindows version: Xfree 4.0.x
Xwindows manager: GNOME
TclTk version: tcl/tk 8.3
grass downloaded at: Hannover site
grass binary for platform: I compiled the sources myself
grass sources source: no, I got a source code package from the server, GRASS
5.0.0pre1
c compiler name: gcc

When displaying floating-point data (with d.rast, d.legend, d.colormode)
XDRIVER uses lots of memory. Keeps this size after displaying command is done.
> top
  PID USER     PRI  NI  SIZE  RSS SHARE STAT %CPU %MEM   TIME COMMAND
 1634 ich        0   0 65160  42M   808 S     0,0 33,6   0:09 XDRIVER

This slows the whole system down.