[GRASS5] Re: [GRASS_DE] r.mapcalc round()

Justin Hickey jhickey at hpcc.nectec.or.th
Thu May 17 03:51:40 EDT 2001

Hi Markus

I know I'm jumping in late but I have a couple of side
questions/comments.

Markus Neteler wrote:
> r.mapcalc x1=1.4
>
> <snip>
>
> Starting to round:
> r.mapcalc x1round="round(x1)"
> EXECUTING x1round = ...  100%
> CREATING SUPPORT FILES FOR x1round
> range: 1 1
>  -> rounding is o.k.

Huh? Why is rounding 1.4 = 1 and not 0? This is a ceiling function, not
rounding. I find this more confusing than the slightly off floating
point numbers. I think this needs to be renamed or redefined.

Helena wrote:
> also a left-over from the debugging when the FP support was developed
> and the need for double precision versus single prec. was discussed

Why do we have both FCELL and DCELL? Why can't we just use DCELL? Just
wondering.

--
Sincerely,

Jazzman (a.k.a. Justin Hickey)  e-mail: jhickey at hpcc.nectec.or.th