[GRASS5] Driver Update

Justin Hickey jhickey at hpcc.nectec.or.th
Wed May 2 00:43:24 EDT 2001

Hi Glynn

Glynn Clements wrote:
> I've commited an update to
> src/display/devices/lib/command.c which checks the return value from
> the write() call, in case that's failing for some reason.

Now that I could compile again, I tried d.mon and it seems that there is
no change in the output. That is, the write() call doesn't seem to be
failing. Here's the output.

GRASS 5.0.0pre1 > d.mon start=x0
using default visual which is TrueColor
Visual is read-only or using a private colormap
ncolors: 32768
allocating memory...
About to call prepare_connection_sock
About to call get_connection_sock
Graphics driver [x0] started
About to call Do-work (0)
About to call get_connection_sock
About to call Do-work (1)
Monitor: _send: write was successful
Monitor: _send: write was successful
    <Above message printed a total of 43 times>
About to call Do-work (1)
Warning - no response from graphics monitor <x0>.
Check to see if the mouse is still active.
ERROR - no response from graphics monitor <x0>.
Monitor: read1: n_read = 0
get_command was != 0
About to call close(_wfd)
About to call get_connection_sock
Problem selecting x0. Will try once more
About to call Do-work (0)
About to call get_connection_sock
About to call Do-work (1)
Monitor: _send: write was successful
Monitor: _send: write was successful
    <Above message printed a total of 43 times>
About to call Do-work (1)
Warning - no response from graphics monitor <x0>.
Check to see if the mouse is still active.
ERROR - no response from graphics monitor <x0>.
Monitor: read1: n_read = 0
get_command was != 0
About to call close(_wfd)
About to call get_connection_sock

Mapset <PERMANENT> in Location <spearfish>
GRASS 5.0.0pre1 > About to call Do-work (0)
About to call get_connection_sock
About to call Do-work (0)

I'm not sure if knowing that write was called 43 times is significant or
not, but a little more knowledge now.

--
Sincerely,

Jazzman (a.k.a. Justin Hickey)  e-mail: jhickey at hpcc.nectec.or.th