[bug #852] (grass) [GRASS5] Suggestion: d.leg.thin -> d.legend

Glynn Clements glynn.clements at virgin.net
Fri Nov 16 13:48:45 EST 2001

Request Tracker wrote:

> since d.legend has quite limited usability and d.leg.thin
> is much better, I propose to replace d.legend with d.leg.thin
> (delete d.legend, rename d.leg.thin -> d.legend).

Note: d.leg.thin isn't quite a complete replacement.

It's almost there: the default behaviour is equivalent to
"show=val,cat", and with the -n switch it's equivalent to "show=cat",
but there isn't an equivalent to "show=val".

Also, "d.leg.thin" doesn't have an option to include the "no data"
category.

Ideally they should be merged; then, d.legend could be removed without
losing functionality.

But which syntax should be used? And what about any existing scripts
which call d.legend? Should the removed program be replaced with a
script which calls the other program?