[Fwd: [GRASS5] v.digit fixed (and another wish and a bug)]

Markus Neteler neteler at itc.it
Sat Nov 17 10:58:26 EST 2001

On Sat, Nov 17, 2001 at 04:29:23PM +0100, Radim Blazek wrote:
> Markus Neteler wrote:
>> > Hi,
>> > I think I have fixed the "NOTE: 1 new node needed" bug in v.digit.
> > The problem was that the number of points needed for snapped lines
> > was not reduced in
>> > libes/vect32/diglib/check_node.c
> > (fixed). Radim, can you update for the grass51/ library?
>
> Are you sure?
>
>      /* see if this line has 2 points that snap */
>     if ( (fabs(xarray[0] - xarray[n_points-1]) <= map->snap_thresh) &&
>          (fabs(yarray[0] - yarray[n_points-1]) <= map->snap_thresh) )
>         {
>         node->N2 = node->N1;
>         new_nodes--;  /* reduce as we are snapping MN */
>         }
>
> I think that original version was correct:
> Ends of line are close together (< thresh0 and only one new node is needed =>
> no need to increase number of new nodes (new_nodes). But we cannot decrease.
>
> Is it :  "NOTE: 1 new node needed" realy bug? it only reports that new nodes
> were added to nodes structure - are there other problems?

Radim,

thanks for your comment. You are right, I have reverted the change in
src/libes/vect32/diglib/check_node.c

and fixed again
src/mapdev/v.digit/digitize.c

Also I improved (hopefully) the messages for lines and areas.
If possible, test again.

Hope to have caught all problems now related to the "NOTE:..." messages.

Markus

--
Markus Neteler

ITC-irst, Istituto per la Ricerca Scientifica e Tecnologica
     Project on Predictive Models for the Environment
Via Sommarive, 18        -      38050 Povo (Trento), Italia
tel +39 0461 314 -520 (fax -591)          http://mpa.itc.it