[GRASS5] probs with i.points

Heiko Kehlenbrink heiko.kehlenbrink at vermes.fh-oldenburg.de
Mon Oct 1 08:54:04 EDT 2001

Hi again!

I'm currently working with a series of big (my opinion) aerial photos,
each a .tiff about 380 mb (11200*11200 pixel).
Importing and viewing is working fine , with a little patience of
course.
I have 10 shoots in 2 rows , so i begun with the third in the upper row
(#3) as the origin in a x-y location.
I identified identic points in the overlap area with i.point (i.point3
won't work, it seems it forgot the identified points every time i wanted
to use the analyse-funktion, displaying something like "not enough
points marked out" although i did, anyway).
With i.rectify (using 1 degree transformation) i got nice results using
air shoot number #3 (middelst in 1st row) as reference for the direct
neighbours (#2 and #4).
Trying to use the newly georeferenced photo #2 to identify points in
number 1 i.points crushed with  a message:

+------------------------------------------+------------------------------------------+

+-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+

|Use mouse now
...Speicherzugriffsfehler                                              |

GRASS:/spare/gisdata/grass/bin

I tried with  downskaled tif of 90 mb - same effect.

If i used the very small overlapping strip between photo #1 and #3  to
identify points - i.rectify worked (poor results of course).
The same in the second row...

any idea?

Regards
Heiko Kehlenbrink