[GRASS5] _keypad symbol; Darwin Pre2

Glynn Clements glynn.clements at virgin.net
Sun Oct 7 05:26:58 EDT 2001

Markus Neteler wrote:

> > All modules compiled fine, except, I am getting a "Undefined symbols:
> > _keypad" error trying to compile the following modules:
> >
> >    i.tape.other
> >    i.tape.spot
> >    i.tape.tm
> >    i.tape.tm.fast
> >    i.target
> >    v.digit
> >    v.in.tig.lndmk
> >    v.reclass
> >    v.transform
> >    paint/Programs/p.colors

Odd. None of these programs call keypad() directly. In fact, the only
occurrences of "keypad" in the source code are in g.help and the Vask
library.

All of the above programs use the Vask library. But then so do plenty
of other programs, so it's strange that these are the only ones which
fail.

Did you run "make clean" (or similar) before building?

> > This missing _keypad symbol seems to be new with pre2. (Hmm, would the
> > tape moules really work with Mac OS X? I do not have a tape drive to
> > test with...)
> >
> > Anyone know where the _keypad symbol is defined?
>
> I *guess* that this is a ncurses issue.

It is.

> Searching on ly machine (Linux)
> I get
>
>  grep  _keypad /usr/include/*

I'm presuming that the underscore is a MacOS X artifact. In the GRASS
source code, the function is referenced without an underscore.