[GRASS5] Re: src/libes/gmath

Glynn Clements glynn.clements at virgin.net
Sat Sep 1 04:24:23 EDT 2001

Markus Neteler wrote:

> thanks for your fixes. Concerning jacobi.c: Is the same functionality
> eventually already provided in eigen_tools.c (just guessing, I can talk
> to a colleague on Monday)?

If I'm correct in the belief that jacobi() finds eigenvalues and
eigenvectors, then this should already be provided by eigen(), which
is just a wrapper around G_tqli and G_tred2.

> Concerning CRAY and directives:
>
> grass-commit wrote:
> [...]
> Remove #warning from gmath/fft.c
> [...]
>
> What about a platform sensitive switch (ifndef __CRAY__) or so to allow
> such #warning  for all other platforms?

It's hard to get the logic exactly right. And configure already
provides a warning (which could be made into an error, but there are
only 3 programs which need fft()).

> Another #warning also in la.c.

I'll remove that.