[GRASS5] Zoom

Markus Neteler neteler at itc.it
Tue Apr 23 17:22:49 EDT 2002

On Tue, Apr 23, 2002 at 11:13:18PM +0200, Bernhard Reiter wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 22, 2002 at 12:05:33PM +0200, Radim Blazek wrote:
> > On Friday 19 April 2002 06:33 pm, you wrote:
> > > I don't think an initial menu that chooses between zoom/pan is very
> > > useful.
>
> > > Instead, I would make d.zoom and d.pan be separate commands.
> >
> > I know about that two clicks, but I could not find any other
> > way, how to get pan and zoom to one module, which I consider to be useful.
>
> I have to agree with Carl that the extra click to actually zoom
> seem to be superflous.
> Having a separate module is like having an extra mode for pan,
> which seems reasonable to me.

Today I was testing Radim's new version: no more panning in d.zoom.
So above problem should be solved tomorrow (a few more fixes
are needed, which I caught through testing).

So d.zoom and d.pan will be separated again.

Side effect: Also v.digit is fixed so that both d.zoom and
v.digit are identical in terms of zooming/mouse handling.

All changes should be uploaded tomorrow.

Markus