[GRASS5] Zoom

Markus Neteler neteler at itc.it
Wed Apr 24 02:49:38 EDT 2002

On Tue, Apr 23, 2002 at 09:26:41PM +0000, Carl Worth wrote:
> On Apr 23, Bernhard Reiter wrote:
>  > It just occurred to me: Wouldn't zoom out and a subsequent zoom in
>  > provide a reasonable pan functionality?
>
> That does provide the functionality, but a d.pan command still
> provides something important. Specifically, I would like an optional
> argument or two for d.pan to move in fixed increments without clicking
> at all.
>
> With a command like that in place, one could bind the the four arrow
> keys to call d.pan with the right arguments and have a very easy way
> to pan around the map. (I'm thinking specifically here about handhelds
> that often have a 4-direction pad which a user would expect to pan a
> map around).

Nice idea! What about
-n -s -w -e flag
incr= parameter?

We run GRASS on iPAQ yesterday (started GRASS on PC, sending the
terminal, tcltkgrass and NVIZ (!) to the iPAQ/Linux machine.
NVIZ is incredible slow (10Mbit wireless connection to iPAQ),
but maybe not intended to run on handhelds :-)

Now I really understand the need for a 1-button zoom and 1-button
pan...

Markus

PS: Next step here will be to extract a babyGRASS and fully install
that on iPAQ.