[GRASS5] [bug #1226] (grass) Azimuthal Equidistant projection moves center latitude by 0.0299 degrees compared to specified lat_0

Request Tracker grass-bugs at intevation.de
Wed Aug 7 12:27:29 EDT 2002

this bug's URL: http://intevation.de/rt/webrt?serial_num=1226

Subject: Azimuthal Equidistant projection moves center latitude by 0.0299 degrees compared to specified lat_0

Platform: GNU/Linux/i386
grass obtained from: CVS
grass binary for platform: Compiled from Sources
GRASS Version: 5.0pre4

When I create a new location with the azimuthal equidistant projection, my center latitude moves by 0.0299 degrees from the one I specify for lat_0 in the setup of the location. The center longitude lon_0 remains correct.

On redhat Linux 7.2, the shift is 0.0299. On solaris, under the same location scenario, latitude is off by 0.004745 from the one specified by lat_0, and the longitude is correct.

Daren Zywicki