[GRASS5] Re: c++ question

Laura I. Toma laura at cs.duke.edu
Thu Aug 8 11:58:52 EDT 2002

r.in.gdal is a bit different from what I am doing. GDAL provides functions
which are heavily used by developers of other modules. I can see why you
want a C wrapper around it. I'm trying to write an 'independent' module
similar  with r.watershed, or r.flow. I don't expect to be used internally
in other  parts of GRASS. In any case, the function that computes flow is
actually  in C, so I could think of that as the wrapper.

The part that's in C++ is the I/O-efficient library, containing
implementation for I/O-efficient streams, I/O-efficient sorting,
I/O-efficient priority queue, lists and so on. If at some point we'll
want to make that a separate library usable by other modules, that will
have to be wrapped in C. But for now it is just inside my module.

thanks, I'm all set for now
-Laura