[GRASS5] [bug #970] (grass) nviz cutting planes freeze

guest user via RT grass-bugs at intevation.de
Mon Aug 26 21:03:05 EDT 2002

this bug's URL: http://intevation.de/rt/webrt?serial_num=970

Request number 970 was commented on by 'guest' (guest user).
Responding to this message will send mail to the requestor.

			Request Tracker
			rt at intevation.de

Cc: grass5 at grass.itc.it

I think that I was able to narrow down the problem to the following:
When using cutting planes and switching on the bottom (B) coloring
button, all displayed (and cut) surfaces must have the same resolution,
if at least one has a different resolution, nviz crashes quite violently.
This is not a high priority, so it can wait for 5.0.1. It may be enough
just to give the user a message to change all resolutions to be the same
(rather than crash). This also explains why it was freezing or crashing
when a new surface was loaded, as it is usually loaded at lower resolution.
Also it will probably crash when T or mixed color button is on, but I haven't
tried it.

Helena

child killed: segmentation violation
    while executing
"exec /usr/local/grass5/etc/nviz2.2/NVWISH2.2 -f
/usr/local/grass5/etc/nviz2.2/scripts/nviz2.2_script
rtkmayan160.02t200.5m,rtkdecan160.02t200.5m -name..."
    ("eval" body line 1)
    invoked from within
"eval exec $env(GISBASE)/etc/nviz2.2/NVWISH2.2 -f
$env(GISBASE)/etc/nviz2.2/scripts/nviz2.2_script $argv -name NVIZ >&@stdout"
    invoked from within
"if {$argv == ""} {
#no arguments
eval exec $env(GISBASE)/etc/nviz2.2/NVWISH2.2 -f
$env(GISBASE)/etc/nviz2.2/scripts/nviz2.2_script -name NVIZ >&@stdo..."
    (file "/usr/local/grass5/bin/nviz" line 13)
at.