[GRASS5] [bug #911] (grass) make Grass51 on Solaris8

Markus Neteler neteler at itc.it
Thu Feb 7 16:13:16 EST 2002

On Thu, Feb 07, 2002 at 09:33:15PM +0100, Request Tracker wrote:
> this bug's URL: http://intevation.de/rt/webrt?serial_num=911
>
> Subject: make Grass51 on Solaris8
>
> Platform: Sun Solaris 8
> grass downloaded at: Trento site
> grass binary for platform: I compiled the sources myself
> grass sources source: yes, I am using the latest GRASS from CVS, 2/7 snapshot
> c compiler name: gcc
>
> I am using the 2/7/02 snapshot of grass51 with grass5.0 pre3.  My commands are indented:
> 	cd /leo2/Grass5/pre3/grass51
> 	./configure --with-grass50=/leo2/Grass5/pre3/grass

... this can't work because GRASS 5.1 needs the *experimental* version,
not the preX. Means that you have to extract the CVS HEAD version
from GRASS.

Radim, we discussed the "make copymix" target. Will it solve the
problem when I update the grass51-snapshot script to run "make copymix"
to get a 5.1 version with required 5.0 code merged into?

Then: As Bernhard says: Please install the gnu make (and also gnu tar)
on your SUN. Especially the original tar from SUN is worst case stuff.

Cheers

 Markus