[GRASS5] CVS snapshots / Web pages in CVS

Markus Neteler neteler at itc.it
Wed Feb 13 08:32:58 EST 2002

Bernhard and Andreas (?),

Bernhard, please add for the
web/
directory in CVS the feature to send cvs-commit mails to
the commit mailing list. As I was unaware of a change

http://grass.itc.it/grass5/source/snapshot/
(maybe done by Andreas?)

I have some conflict now which I cannot resolve any more
(suggestions welcome).

thuille:snapshot[374.117] cvs up
Warning: Remote host denied X11 forwarding.
cvs server: Updating .
R COPYRIGHT.html
cvs server: conflict: removed README.html was modified by second party
C README.html
R WARNING.html
cvs server: conflict: removed compiling.html was modified by second party
C compiling.html

-> I have tried to delete the files, but they had been modified.
Now the files are gone on my machine, and I cannot update them
and more (to finally delete).

Andreas (whomever applied the change):
1. make a copy of
    source/snapshot/README.html
    source/snapshot/compiling.html

2. Then update your GRASS web CVS repos locally.

3. I have renamed
grass5/source/snapshot/
grass5/source/snapshot_release
as the new exp snapshot is present.

4. Then apply the changes from the copies of source/snapshot/README.html
   and source/snapshot/compiling.html to
   grass5/source/snapshot_release/...

5. delete source/snapshot/ or the files within.

Sorry for the extra work. When the GRASS web pages in CVS will send
mails, I'll be aware of changes (the last two years I was the only
one to do this job... :-)

Markus