[GRASS5] probs with .dxf import

Heiko Kehlenbrink heiko.kehlenbrink at vermes.fh-oldenburg.de
Fri Feb 15 06:58:49 EST 2002

Hi all,

got probs (again) importing a .dxf file into GRASS.
I was trying to import a  file called sample.dxf wich i loaded
down from www.english-nature.org.uk/pubs/gis/more.htm

After setting up a location
file: PERMANENT/PROJ_INFO

name: Transverse Mercator
datum: osgb36        (Ordnance Survey of Great Britain Datum 1936 I
suppose?)
dx: 368.000000
dy: -120.000000
dz: 425.000000
proj: tmerc
ellps: airy
a: 6377563.3959999997
es: 0.0066705400
f: 299.3249646000
lat_0: 49.0000000000
lon_0: -2.0000000000
k_0: 0.9996012717
x_0: 400000.0000000000

and a mapset:

proj:       99
zone:       0
north:      200000
south:      100000
east:       400000
west:       300000
cols:       100000
rows:       100000
e-w resol:  1
n-s resol:  1

using the whole 100 km quadrangle i tried several commands like
v.in.dxf, v.in.dxf.3d and
v.in.dxf.3d.sh with little luck.

Response from GRASS:

GRASS:~ > v.in.dxf /home/heiko/grassdaten/britain/Sample.dxf

CONVERSION OF /home/heiko/grassdaten/britain/Sample.dxf TO DIG FILE:   100%
Following DXF layers found:
GRASS:~ >

So GRASS reads the file but find no content (imho).
Reading the file it shows something like that:
 0
SECTION
  2
HEADER
  9
$ACADVER
  1
AC1009
  9
$EXTMIN
 10
311061.028851
 20
133724.001154
 30
0.0
  9
$EXTMAX
 10
318723.716551
 20
142576.047282
 30
0.0
  9
$LIMMIN
 10
310677.894466
 20
133281.398848
  9
$LIMMAX
 10
319106.850936
 20
143018.649589

As an alternative there are also Mapinfo TAB and/or MIF/MID files and
Microstation DGNs.
Any help very welcome.

Best Regards
Heiko Kehlenbrink