[GRASS5] display system

Glynn Clements glynn.clements at virgin.net
Fri Jan 11 14:36:24 EST 2002

Andreas Lange wrote:

> the display system still is not working correctly.
> I have locally updated to redraw the text with re-sizing of the monitor,
> but if i create different frames on the display, then resize the
> monitor, the screen is blank, nothing is re-drawn.
> The frames are obviously added to the pad, as d.save -a works, but
> something is broken with the redrawing part.
>
> Any hints where to look? Is this a problem of the XDRIVER part?

If you run the script generated by "d.frame -a", do you get the right
result? If so, the problem is with XDRIVER, otherwise it's with one or
more of the commands.

Actually, I suspect the former; XDRIVER only looks at the
"full_screen" pad.

I'm wondering if it would be better for XDRIVER to just run
"d.save -a", then have the redraw process run the resulting script.