[GRASS5] [bug #903] (grass) g.manual on cygwin

Request Tracker grass-bugs at intevation.de
Sat Jan 19 09:52:49 EST 2002

this bug's URL: http://intevation.de/rt/webrt?serial_num=903

Subject: g.manual on cygwin

Platform: MS W2K/cygwin
Xwindows version: Star Net Demo
Xwindows manager: internal StarNe
TclTk version: tcl/tk 8.0
grass downloaded at: Trento site
grass binary for platform: I compiled the sources myself
grass sources source: no, I got a source code package from the server, pre3
c compiler name: gcc

g.manual does not work on cygwin.
Not from command line, nor from tcltkgrass:

GRASS:~ > g.manual d.ask
getopts: not found
expr: syntax error
What manual page do you want?
GRASS:~ >

I thought that we had fixed that error.
The problem is IMHO that the cygwin standard shell does not have getopts builtin.

Replacing the standard shell on cygwin with bash IMHO hurts performance very much, compiling is very slow already.

Any ideas?

Andreas