[GRASS5] network traffic

Roger Miller rgrmill at rt66.com
Mon Jan 28 19:36:36 EST 2002

On Monday 28 January 2002 07:21, Glynn Clements wrote:

> OK, I've committed a fix to XDRIVER, so that it waits until either the
> GRASS monitor socket or the X connection is readable. This should
> eliminate the busy wait.

Thanks, Glynn.  I checked the traffic generated on the ethernet at work and
found that a single monitor generated traffic at about 17 kb/s.  Not very
significant on that network, but even there mulitple monitors would generate
enough extraneous traffic to slow down other communications.

Now my problem is in getting the fix.  I'm not familiar with CVS, so I tried
finding the fixed package using the html interface to the CVS repository.
Nothing I found was very recent.  Where do I need to look?

Roger Miller
Lee Wilson and Associates