[GRASS5] Critical bugs for Release?

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Tue Jul 16 16:08:06 EDT 2002

Glynn, thanks for the summary.

On Tue, Jul 16, 2002 at 05:26:43PM +0100, Glynn Clements wrote:

> > 7 bugs have a priority of 70, they might be critical.

> #1034	r.in.tiff segfaults
> Eric reported that this should now be fixed.

Looks like this change made in the CVS in May. Is it in the pre5
release then we could contact the requestor and ask for retesting.

> #1101	GUI (tcltk) does not run
>
> MacOS X. The reporter subsequently replied that there was a problem
> with his Tcl/Tk installation.
>
> Maybe we should add a note that, for "hybrid" platforms such as Cygwin
> and MacOS X, Tcl/Tk must be the Unix/X11 version, not a
> Windows/Cygwin/MacOS version.

Sound like a good idea to fix this in the documentation.
Anyway does not look like a critical bug, I've lowered the priority to 25.

> #1136	detailed view of vector maps doesn't work
>
> The reporter followed up with "v.spag then v.support seem to fix
> this", so presumably this should be closed?

I've lowered priority to 30.
I'm not entirely sure how this is supposed to work.
Just running v.support once should be enough, shouldn't it?

> #1170	m.in.e00 segmentation faults
> No idea.

Then we probably need more input.
I've lowered priority and asked to test the pre5 version,
which has some changes. To keep the communication alive.