[GRASS5] GRASS 5.0.0stable to be released soonish

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Mon Jun 17 06:17:46 EDT 2002

On Mon, Jun 17, 2002 at 02:19:45AM +0100, Glynn Clements wrote:
> I've merged most of the recent changes into the release branch.

Okay.  So be it.
I would have preferred to just release it as 5.0.0 with
the critical bug fixes only.
Important now is to get 5.0.0pre5 out of the door
as we are within the schedule.

> 1. Substantial changes to individual modules; for these, I'd just like
> confirmation that the result is stable enough for inclusion in the
> pre5 release.

If you did not have this information, it is most likely that this
were not important bug fixes. Thus default should be to leave it out.

> 2. I18N-related changes to key components (GRASS startup, libgis,
> tcltkgrass). For these, I would really like confirmation that building
> without NLS (i.e. no "--with-nls" option) has been tested by as many
> people as possible.

In my view: Not an important bug fix, leave it out.

Again this is just my opinion.
I hope that Markus will manage to bring a pre5 out soon.