[GRASS5] The status of 5.0

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Thu Mar 21 10:49:56 EST 2002

On Thu, Mar 21, 2002 at 11:40:40AM -0500, Helena Mitasova wrote:
> So I would just encourage everybody to get
> grass5.1 to get some feel for it and maybe it would be good time
> to start moving all GRASS to GRASS5.1

Several attempts to make big jumps with GRASS have shown that this
might not be possible.

So we need to wrap up and release GRASS5.
I've outlined a good plan and procedure how to get there a while ago.

Still we need the complete merge of the two branches and a new
release branch which radically leaves out modules
with release critical bugs.
So the new release branch would not have any module with release
critical bug and then gets released.

On the merge:
Glynn also posted a couple analysis of the differences of the
two branches in GRASS5. Glynn: Maybe you can propose how to completly
discontinue the old release branch. You might also just do it if
nobody else objects.

On the bugtracker:
There are many bugs in there. We need people to
evalutate them, reproduce them, fix or delay them.