[GRASS5] [bug #992] (grass) g.region Vask problem in lat/long

Request Tracker grass-bugs at intevation.de
Wed Mar 27 12:10:38 EST 2002

this bug's URL: http://intevation.de/rt/webrt?serial_num=992

Subject: g.region Vask problem in lat/long

Platform: GNU/Linux/i386
grass obtained from: CVS
grass binary for platform: Compiled from Sources

Working in lat/long location, I found a small (unusual) error:

GRASS:~ > g.region -p
projection: 3 (Latitude-Longitude)
zone:       0
datum:      WGS84
ellipsoid:  WGS84
north:      17:46S
south:      26:54:30S
west:       19:59E
east:       29:22E
nsres:      0:00:30
ewres:      0:00:30
rows:       1097
cols:       1126

Now starting g.region, selecting menu 1:
V_ask error: Length out of bounds in call to V_const           <- this warning appears for 3 sec

                              IDENTIFY REGION

           ============================= DEFAULT REGION ========
           |          Default North:8:59:45S                   |
           |                                                   |
           |           =======  YOUR REGION  =======           |
           |           | NORTH EDGE:17:46S_____    |           |
           |           |                           |           |
 Def. West |WEST EDGE  |                           |EAST EDGE  | Def. East
 15:59:59.9919:59E_____|                           |29:22E_____|
           |           | SOUTH EDGE:26:54:30S__    |           |
           |          Default South:29:00:15S                  |
           PROJECTION: 3 (Latitude-Longitude)         ZONE: 0

                   Default   GRID RESOLUTION   Region
                     0:00:30--- East-West ---   0:00:30___
                     0:00:30-- North-South --   0:00:30___

The west value makes me unhappy. Looks like a rounding problem somewhere.

Markus