[GRASS5] Zoom

Eric G. Miller egm2 at jps.net
Thu May 2 20:33:28 EDT 2002

On Thu, May 02, 2002 at 05:53:07PM +0200, Radim Blazek wrote:
> On Thursday 02 May 2002 12:31 pm, Eric G. Miller wrote:
> > That looks like a good start, but what's the difference between the MAP
> > and INPUT versions?
>
> Just:
> Opt->key = "output";
> Opt->key = "map";
>
> > Does the MAP version mean read/write?
> No it is only old map for modules which dont have output (like d.vect).
> (BTW, I think that input could be always input=, but map= is already
> used in g50 and it seems to me that others want this distinction?)

Hmm. I see some utility in being able to flag whether the datasource
will be used for input, output, or input and output.  Pretty much every
module has to go through a bunch of checks for this, so why not have the
parser handle it?  The behavior might change if we move away from only
being able to edit/write data in the current mapset.

> > Also, the
> > V_CATS one doesn't seem useful, since there already is a multiple flag.
>
> V_CATS may be something like '1,3,7-9,11' and may be parsed by
> Vect_str_to_cat_list (char *str, struct cat_list *list);

Well, maybe something more generic like numeric list, with flavors for
integers and floats?  Is "struct cat_list" a new addition, or just for
example?

--
Eric G. Miller <egm2 at jps.net>