[GRASS5] snprintf and other compile errors on IRIX

Russell Nelson nelson at crynwr.com
Thu May 2 21:04:13 EDT 2002

Eric G. Miller writes:
 > I've got a sort of cheat for asprintf. We can't use vsnprintf for the
 > same reason we can't use snprintf ;-)

Why not include gnprintf out of the gtk glib package?  There are two
reasonable ways to achieve portability in my experience: include your
own version of the software you need (which is what qmail does) or
rely on a library which is portable (which is what the gimp does).
Trying to rely on vendor C libraries is fraught with peril.

--
-russ nelson              http://russnelson.com | Okay, enough is enough!
Crynwr sells support for free software  | PGPok | Can we PLEASE all stop