[GRASS5] r.in.png changes

Glynn Clements glynn.clements at virgin.net
Tue May 7 11:38:49 EDT 2002

Eric G. Miller wrote:

> I've made some modifications to r.in.tiff to hopefully make it a bit
> more useable.  I completely removed all of the color reduction
> code and am just forcing all RGB TIFF's into respective band files.

I've done something similar for r.in.png.

It now supports paletted, grey-scale and true-colour images, with or
without an alpha channel. In all cases, pixel values are imported
verbatim, including sBIT information (where present) and
16-bit-per-component images; any translations are performed in the
colour table.

AFAICT, the only image importer left to fix is r.in.sunrast.