[GRASS5] documentation

Carl Worth cworth at east.isi.edu
Tue May 7 12:07:42 EDT 2002

On May 7, Markus Neteler wrote:
 > On Tue, May 07, 2002 at 03:54:37PM +0000, Carl Worth wrote:
 >
 > > Isn't that simply the job of "cvs import"?
 >
 > Mhhh, maybe yes. I forgot that we open a new repository
 > and don't add a tree into the grass/ structure.

"cvs import" can add trees below existing directories in CVS too.

All you have to do is give it the full path, (relative to the top of
the repository), down to the first directory you want it to create.

And, I would think that we actually want the documentation to exist
alongside the code, (eg. under grass), rather than in a separate
repository.

Oh, but then again, maybe new stuff like this should go in grass51???
(Yes, I will take advantage of this opportunity to say that I think we
don't really want to different repositories for grass code. I think
making a separate grass51 was a mistake we should fix sooner rather
than later. And I know that several others here disagree.).

-Carl

--
Carl Worth
USC Information Sciences Institute                 cworth at east.isi.edu
3811 N. Fairfax Dr. #200, Arlington VA 22203		  703-812-3725