[GRASS5] [bug #1041] (grass) datum error while building new location

Glynn Clements glynn.clements at virgin.net
Thu May 9 07:49:37 EDT 2002

Markus Neteler wrote:

> > Subject: datum error while building new location
> >
> > Platform: GNU/Linux/i386
> > grass obtained from: Trento Italy site
> > grass binary for platform: Compiled from Sources
> > GRASS Version: cvs_snapshot_exp_2002_05_03
> >
> > I tried to build a german Gauß-Krüger Location with datum
> > specification (normally this works fine..)
> >
> > [...]
> > > map datum for this location?(y/n) [n] y  -> this skipped the whole projection part and jumped
> > 				     directly into the 'region display' ,  so I used
> > > g.setproj afterwards:
> > Please specify projection name  >tmerc :
> > Please specify ellipsoid name    >bessel :
> > Do you want to specify a map datum for this location?(y/n) [n] y
> >
> > -> Speicherzugriffsfehler (memory access error ?).
> >
> > The same problem appears for UTM , ....
> >
> > regards
> > Otto Dassau
>
> Thanks for the bug report.
> Just tested here (current HEAD) - it also crashes for me.

Same here.

> It seems that the recent upgrade of the PROJ4 (before creating
> the release branch) removed some working code.

Who said anything about PROJ4?

This is due to my changes to the datum handling, when it was moved
from libcoorcnv to libgis:

	Working file: src/libes/gis/datum.c
	revision 1.1
	date: 2002/04/12 14:09:32;  author: glynn;  state: Exp;
	Move datum table code (and datum.table) from libcoorcnv to libgis
	Tidy datum table code

I've committed a fix (to both head and release branch).