[GRASS5] Tarball?!!

Eric G. Miller egm2 at jps.net
Fri May 10 02:44:38 EDT 2002

On Fri, May 10, 2002 at 06:02:33AM +0100, Glynn Clements wrote:

> Markus Neteler wrote:
>
> > any objections for creating the source tarball of the release branch?
> >
> > If not, I'll do that tomorrow morning Italian/Central European time.
>
> We should check whether any of the recent changes should be
> incorporated into the release. A complete list of the differences
> between the head and the release branch follows.
[snip]
> src/libes/gis/sites.c
> src/libes/gis/readsites_xyz.c
>
> 	Catch ERANGE

Not a huge deal since it generally shouldn't be an issue.  But the check
is more correct than what was previously done and what dubious functions
like atoi and atof provide (which is no error reporting).  Since some
of these functions are used for "untrusted" user input, it might be
good to have the check.

> src/raster/r.tiff/
> html/html/r.in.tiff.html
>
> 	Eric's true-colour changes

I tend to think this is high on the importance list, since the command
won't even run under some configurations without the changes.  Also
fixes a small error regarding the projection when no TIFF world file
is present.

> src/raster/r.in.png/
> html/html/r.in.png.html
>
> 	My true-colour changes (and re-write)

Possibly consider adding support for pnw (PNG World files)?  Same format
as TIFF World files...  If so, similar support should be added to the
output program.

I don't have any opinions about the others...

--
Eric G. Miller <egm2 at jps.net>