[GRASS5] NVIZ Tk8.0 on Debian

Tom Rake duff_maps at hotmail.com
Mon May 13 09:20:41 EDT 2002

>From: Glynn Clements <glynn.clements at virgin.net>
>To: "Tom Rake" <duff_maps at hotmail.com>
>CC: grass5 at grass.itc.it
>Subject: Re: [GRASS5] NVIZ Tk8.0 on Debian
>Date: Mon, 13 May 2002 09:38:30 +0100
>

>Glynn Clements wrote:
>
> > If you send me the tkInt.h for 8.0p5, I'll add it to NVIZ' collection
> > of tkInt.h files.
>Unfortunately, it appears that this header isn't compatible with Tk
>8.0p5. The header references the type Tk_SmoothMethod, which
>(according to Tk's ChangeLog) was added on 1999-12-13, but 8.0p5 was
>released on 1999-03-09. So, this appears to be a Debian-ism.

Glynn,

Oh well, I was worth a shot. I guess I can just patch my source locally
before I build.

Adjusting for debianism and debian version changes and other distro based
differences does seem to far to go.

>I'll revert the changes.
>
>Ultimately, configure should check for a local tkInt.h file before
>attempting to use any of the supplied version. However, that
>presumably won't make it into pre4.

Moving towards release is very important.

I sometimes a week or two behind on grass, but if I see changes on this I'll
eventually get to a compile and report back. If I get time I may try changes
to configure.in (It won't be the first time but I am far from the expert at
much of this).

>--
>Glynn Clements <glynn.clements at virgin.net>

Thanks