[GRASS5] i18n for tcltkgrass

Glynn Clements glynn.clements at virgin.net
Fri May 17 09:09:16 EDT 2002

Alex Shevlakov wrote:

> I'd like to attempt making permanent changes to tcltk scripts
> (especially, tcltkgrass) code in order to internationalize them. As
> much as I know, there is a Tcl built-in 'msgcat' command allowing to
> internationalize messages.

AFAICT, the msgcat package was added in Tcl 8.1; versions prior to
that won't have it.

Personally, I don't think that it's reasonable to require 8.1+ in
order to use tcltkgrass. Instead, any changes should be made in such a
way that tcltkgrass continues to work with older versions of Tcl
(albeit without I18N).