[GRASS5] i18n for tcltkgrass

Eric G. Miller egm2 at jps.net
Fri May 17 11:47:32 EDT 2002

On Fri, May 17, 2002 at 05:11:35PM +0200, Markus Neteler wrote:

> ... I still dream of an extension to tcltkgrass (or whatever)
> to utilize the "--interface-description", e.g.

There're still a few problems with the --interface-description
mechanism:

1)  There is no way to flag if a command goes interactive.  This is
necessary for tcltkgrass as it spawns an xterm when the module
description indicates the command is interactive.  This can be added to
the GModule struct (and GModule should be renamed as it conflicts with
an interface in GLIB, case folks want to use that library for something).

2)  Some commands still don't function with the --interface-description.

3)  Some commands spew out extraneous info that gets into the XML
stream, thus making it invalid.

4)  The tcltkgrass module interface has some extra capabilities not
directly reflected in the output of --interface-description (file
browsing, color selection, etc.).  The "standard option" interface will
help make these recognizable.

5) ???

I think this can all be tackled in 5.1.

--