[GRASS5] i18n for tcltkgrass

Alex Shevlakov alex at asrv.fcpf.ru
Sat May 18 06:33:35 EDT 2002

--- Bernhard Reiter <bernhard at intevation.de> wrote:

> I still think it should be mostly folded into 5.1.x.
> But right now it looks like stuff will go into 5.0.1
> or 5.0.2,
> if it is stable.

I hope it is stable. The only question is if i18n breaks some systems with separate libintl.

To be sure if it is stable, it would be good to have a number of testers with NLS on their systems. So far, the status of i18n changes:

a set of src.postgresql modules (Alex) + s.surf.rst(Artem)  - done (with .po files);

libgis - done, .po file exists; (Alex). Should the Gmakefile be modified to be linked to $INTLLIB? It compiles without it.

tcltkgrass (proposed, can be done rather quick);

configure.in, config.h.in, Makefile.in are modified to check for gettext in libc or in separate libintl, to check if the user had --with-nls enabled, to build .mo files if both checks are ok and to install them to $INST_DIR/locale; (Glynn, Alex, Markus)

locale.c and glocale.h in src tree added; (Glynn, Alex)

In release 5.0rel4 - the above changes should be present except for libgis.

--alex