[GRASS5] another approach to i18n for tcltkgrass; former one revoked

Alex Shevlakov alex at asrv.fcpf.ru
Mon May 20 07:36:23 EDT 2002

Hi all,

it seems that the method proposed before for i18n tcltkgrass has a major flaw,
that is to load a huge file with messages and parse them makes tcltkgrass slow.

This is why using msgcat for the purpose of i18n seems to me not a good choice
now.

Another method would be to place the translated script 'menu.tcl' and
modules scripts to src/locale/$LCL/tcltkgrass directory and copy them if they are needed to $GISBASE/tcltkgrass.

This method does not deal with the tcl/tk version issues, so it is safe.

I just commited files related to the second method.

--alex