[GRASS5] New feature: GRASS-specific completion for bash

Alexandre Sorokine sorokin at vtt.co.jp
Tue May 21 16:01:55 EDT 2002

Hi All!

I have written a series of shell scripts that setup GRASS-specific
completions in bash.  Example how it works: you type in any of GRASS
commands, e.g. d.rast and press <TAB>.  Then you get a list of options
for that command.  You type in the first  letter of an option, then
press <TAB> and it completes to a full option.  When a command needs a
list of raster names, <TAB> will complete on raster names, and so on.  I
have been using this feature for a while with some of GRASS commands and
I have found it rather convenient.  Now  I have a version that support
all GRASS commands.  Who can guide me on how to add it to GRASS
distribution?

--
Alexandre Sorokine
Department of Geography