[GRASS5] winname.h inconsistency found

Alex Shevlakov alex at asrv.fcpf.ru
Sun May 26 09:27:43 EDT 2002

Hi all,

I've been long time wondering why tcltkgrass stopped closing monitors and
restoring them on reload. That's what I found out:

gui.tcl, line 1159:
} elseif {[regexp -nocase {^ *Name:.*GRASS.*Monitor: *(.*)} $line buffer monitor]}
in proc search_xdrivers, which must return a list of opened drivers (as parameter to stop_monitors, for example. But: trying to parse a string that *must* contain the word "GRASS" we'd fail to compose this list, as the window title has no word 'GRASS' - only version number (see winname.h and Graph_Set.c in XDRIVER sources.

There are at least two ways to fix this bug, - change the parser code in gui.tcl (which I did to finally see my black windows hop-hop-hop), or add the word GRASS to window name.

--alex