[GRASS5] Pre4 on Mac OS X

Radim Blazek blazek at itc.it
Wed May 29 04:39:01 EDT 2002

On Wednesday 29 May 2002 10:11 am, Glynn Clements wrote:
> Radim Blazek wrote:
> > > Except: Radim: isn't dbmscap meant to be dead now?
> >
> > dbmscap file is not used any more, but db_read_dbmscap() in
> > dbmscap.c yes.
>
> So, the rest of dbmscap.c (i.e. everything except db_read_dbmscap()
> itself and add_entry()) can be removed?

db_copy_dbmscap_entry () is used by start.c
db_has_dbms() is obviously incorret and not used now, but
I would keep that as:
db_has_dbms(){
    dbDbmscap * dbs;
    dbs = db_read_dbmscap();
    if ( dbs != NULL ) {
        db_free_dbmscap ( dbs);
        return 1;
    } else
        return 0;
}

db_free_dbmscap() is used now here and in start.c also.

Dbmi was already uploaded to grass51 (I have not expected
many changes there, because, there was no activity for years in dbmi)
and in fact, I have removed dbmscap first in grass51 and found as
useful, I have done the same in g50.
So, I would prefer to do this cleanup in grass51 or at least to do the same
cleanup also in grass51.

Radim