[GRASS5] links in installation

John Harrop johnh at sjgeophysics.com
Tue Nov 19 17:31:44 EST 2002

Could someone please help me figure out the meaning of high link counts
in the /usr/local/grass5/bin directory?  I'm used to link counts being
fairly low numbers, so I'm not sure why I'm getting link counts up
around 400 in the grass bin dir after an install.  The file sizes are
all equal as well, but much larger than what I would expect for a
symbolic link.

Is there a policy on where bin files are placed?  Should they be kept in
the etc/bin/cmd and parallel directories with an ln -s from grass5/bin?

Thanks in advance for help.

John Harrop
SJ Geophysics Ltd