[GRASS5] 5.0.2 ellipsoid selection

Paul Kelly paul-grass at stjohnspoint.co.uk
Mon Apr 7 15:00:19 EDT 2003

Hello there

On Mon, 7 Apr 2003, Alessandro Frigeri wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I updated today to the current CVS version.  I saw the changes in proj
> stuff.  It seems that g.setproj no longer reads from $GISBASE/etc/ellipse.table and datum.table, is it true?

It should; what error are you getting or what is going wrong?

> Since I'm working on non-terrestrial bodies' analysis, I have to deal
> with 'custom' ellipsoids.
>
> At the moment I'm hardcoding src/libes/proj/ellipse.table and
> datum.table

As far as I can see those files aren't used for anything and I don't know
why they're there. Where are you hardcoding them?

> but I wonder if there's a more straight way to specify a particular ellipsoid
> (specifying directly a and b or a|b and f and so on) so that also other users can do it without the need to recompile.

You should just be able to add it to the ellipse.table, or directly in the
PROJ_INFO file. If the most recent version doesn't work then probably in
my changes I have overlooked something and if you can give some more
details on how I can reproduce the problem I will see about fixing it as
soon as possible.

Paul