[GRASS5] 5.1: autoconf problem with undefined macro

Markus Neteler neteler at itc.it
Thu Apr 10 04:15:06 EDT 2003

Hi,

currently I am merging the recent PROJ4 updates into GRASS 5.1.
Due to the requirements of PROJ4/CVS we had to upgrade 'autoconf'.

Now, when running 'autoconf' on the configure.in of 5.1 I get:

autoconf
configure.in:39: error: possibly undefined macro: AC_MSG_ERROR

I am not sure if I should submit the generated configure to CVS
or fix something with 'autoconf' first.

The versions in use are (I am not root on this machine):

autoconf --version
autoconf (GNU Autoconf) 2.53
Written by David J. MacKenzie and Akim Demaille.

automake --version
automake (GNU automake) 1.6.3
Written by Tom Tromey <tromey at redhat.com>.

A quick google search didn't help too much.
Suggestions welcome,

 Markus