[GRASS5] ps.map & faded legends.

Hamish hamish_nospam at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 6 02:34:28 EDT 2003

> Subject: Re: [GRASSLIST:672] ps.map colortable
> Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2003 14:24:46 +1200
> From: "Daniel Victoria" <daniel_victoria at yahoo.com>
>
> I'm creating some ps.maps for display and aparently
> the colors on the colortable are faded, compared to
> the colors on the map.

Sorry, I earlier mistook your problem for something else.

I just tried making some ps.map output from 5.0.2, 5.0.CVS, and 5.1.

All versions had faded legends like the attachment.

Good news is that this seems to be a RedHat 7.3 ghostview bug (I think).
Copied the same file to a Debian/Sarge system and it looks fine in gv
over there. I know ps.map legends generally look fine in RH9 as well,
but I didn't test this same PostScript file there.

Viewing with ghostscript on that same RH7.3 computer shows correct
output, so I think it is just RH7.3's gv. Should look ok if you print
it, as that usually uses the gs filters and not gv(?).

Hopefully you are using RH7.3 Daniel?

regards,
Hamish