[GRASS5] Preparing 5.0.3 release

Glynn Clements glynn.clements at virgin.net
Wed Aug 20 14:55:05 EDT 2003

Markus Neteler wrote:

> I have sync'ed *some* bugfixes from CVS HEAD into the 5.0.3 release
> branch (so no NVIZ changes, no PROJ changes as they'll go into 5.3.0).
>
> Some questions remain:
>
> - what to do with all changes/updates in
>   src.garden/grass.postgresql
>   (*.pg modules)
>   ?

Leave them, unless someone is willing to actually analyse the changes.

The bulk of the changes boil down to renaming buildInfxQry.c to
buildPg.c and runInfxFile.c to runPg.c. This means that "cvs diff"
won't provide useful information; you would have to manually produce
diffs between each old *Infx*.c file and the corresponding new *Pg.c
version.

OTOH, if someone actually does this, and finds some genuine changes
which ought to go into 5.0.3, any such changes should be made to the
existing (*Infx*.c) files.