[GRASS5] 5.0.3rc1 on Solaris 9 x86

Markus Neteler neteler at itc.it
Sun Aug 24 12:39:36 EDT 2003

On Sat, Aug 23, 2003 at 09:19:31PM -0700, cheg01 at comcast.net wrote:

>  I built the release candidate code on Solaris 9 x86 (without FFTW, odbc,
> or
> OpenGL) with the following issues:
>
> 1) Had to rebuild the gd library from source to get rid of an unresolved
> dependency on libiconv_open and libiconv_close.

No idea, sorry.

> 2) PNGdriver needs to be linked to math library with -lm.

Should be verified.

> 3) d.barscale fails because of undefined DEFAULT_BG_COLOR and
> DEFAULT_FG_COLOR.

Urgs. Seems to be my fault. Will look into that tomorrow.
My idea was to implement DEFAULT_BG_COLOR/DEFAULT_FG_COLOR
in include/gis.h to help the reverse monitor colors in 5.1.
Seems that this got accidentally into the release branch.
Thanks for catching it.

> 4) (Longstanding but minor irritation) tar gets a directory checksum error
> in
> src/raster/wildfire/demolocation/demomapset/cell_misc/spread_time_observed.

Strange. Are you using SUN's tar or GNU tar?

Markus